The extent to which you investigate each international customer’s credit will vary with each case. San Francisco Translation services companies remind all readers that to consider the following:
- The size of the order and the potential for future orders.
- The length of time the customer has been in business.
- The status of the present account.
- Relationship of the order to the local credit exposure of the customer.
- Whether the credit risk falls with the firm’s credit policy, and
- If it is special order, whether a deposit should be required or if the order should be COD.
You will base your credit investigation primarily on experience with the customer, both yours and the experience of other suppliers as well. Your own customer ledger file is the first place to look. This will give you payment history, high credit and frequency of purchase.